Turbine Services Ltd., TSL®, is a major player in the Energy Services/Industrial gas turbine industry. The company has been providing replacement parts to large frame gas turbines, globally, since 1974. As with SMEs, our true force is our staff. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can learn quickly, have multi-faceted talents and are eager to work in cross functional teams.
THE ROLE: Design Engineer
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Design Engineer opening in our Engineering & Product development organization. The successful candidate will be based at our corporate headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of TSL® Engineering, you will manage product development projects of turbine components. You will be exposed to every aspect of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDL); from Reverse Engineering & Design to Manufacturing Development, Process Optimization, and Vendor Development.
You will be expected to gain deep knowledge of the mechanics of gas and steam turbines, with particular focus on fit, form and function of the different products supported by TSL®. You will also gain an understanding of the industry mix (competitors, suppliers and product evolution) and be expected to connect the dots in your decision making, while staying up to date with market trends.
- Reverse Engineering - Responsible for all data capture of samples for the design of new products within prescribed guidelines. The techniques for data capture will include:
*Dimensional (Manual measurements, CMM, Laser Scanner, White light scanner)
*Metallurgical & Mechanical (Material analysis, hardness, mechanical properties, coatings etc.)
*Fit, form, function
- Design Engineering - Responsible for the initiation and development of complete technical packages for the manufacturing of high technology Gas and Steam turbine components. A typical technical package will include 3D models, 2D drawings, Specifications (Material, Process, and Inspection), Mechanical Prototypes.
- Project Management - Manage and report on assigned capital projects through the PDL. Supervise and lead sub-suppliers in Product & Process Development.
- Quality/Production Support - Develop inspection programs (CMM/Laser Scanner programs, spreadsheet reporting models, etc.) to support production inspection. Participate in gauge/tool design to optimize the quality control process.
- Engineering Innovation - Monitor the industry and market to identify new design technologies and equipment to support TSL’s design activities and strategy. Evaluate, select and coordinate procurement of equipment related to design activities and reverse engineering.
- 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Tech or Mechanical Engineering
- Intermediate/ Advanced skills in CAD software (Pro E, Keycreator, Geomagic)
- Intermediate/ Advanced skills in data modeling (spreadsheet, VBA, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and strong organizational skills required
- Monday thru Friday plus Saturday morning work schedule
- International travel required, 25% travel
Interested parties should apply via firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume and cover letter. Please refer to the position title (Design Engineer) in your email subject, or send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
41 Old Gick Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 (USA)