Turbine Services Ltd, TSL, is a major player in the Energy Services/Industrial gas turbine industry. The company has been providing replacement parts to large frame gas turbines, globally, since 1974. As with SMEs, our true force is our staff. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can learn quickly, have multi-faceted talents and are eager to work in cross functional teams.
THE ROLE: Engineering Director
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Engineering Director opening in our Engineering & Product development organization. The successful candidate will be based at our corporate headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York and will report directly to the President of TSL.
The Engineering Director provides direction and manages the Engineering and Quality departments, and is responsible for the implementation of the corporate product strategy established at the executive level.
The disciplines managed by the Engineering Director include Reverse Engineering, Re-Engineering, R&D, Quality Control, Vendor development, and Technical support to sales.
You will be expected to gain deep knowledge of the mechanics of gas and steam turbines, especially the product lines supported by TSL. You will also gain an understanding of the industry mix (competitors, suppliers and product evolution) and be expected to connect the dots in your decision making, while staying up to date with market trends.
- Lead the TSL product development team and international supply chain in design and development of new products.
- Provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, for all product development.
- Manage risk and opportunity for profitability of the operations during the entire product development cycle.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet product development objectives.
- Lead the Engineering team in developing continual process improvements and ensure implementation of formal processes to support the product development process.
- Support sales team with bid proposal development and technical risk analysis. Work closely with Sales and Marketing to translate business needs and market requirements into actionable engineering plans.
- Assist executive management with defining the product vision & strategy for TSL and provide input in the areas of strategic planning, product roadmaps and Engineering resource forecasting.
- Develop the Engineering human capital by identifying critical technical capability needs and ensure those resources are in place.
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years leading Engineering/ Product Development teams
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Successful track record in various Engineering and Supply Chain roles
- Experience managing a team of 6+ Engineers, and an extensive international supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Project Management certification
- Working proficiency in CAD software (Pro E, Keycreator, Geomagic)
- Experience with international project management
- Strategic thinker and results driven
- Must have an eye for continuous improvement and capable of driving needed change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and under pressure
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask and strong organizational skills required
- International travel required, 20% travel
Interested parties should apply via email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter. Please refer to the position title (Engineering Director) in your email subject, or send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
41 Old Gick Road
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 (USA)